Oct 7, 2021
Simplifying Nutrition with
With all the things we balance
on our plates, trying to plan for, shop, and make nutritious food
can be one of the things that fall off easily. Even those of
us who love cooking and enjoy creating healthy dishes often reach
for convenience because it’s been one of those days. Some of
us are stuck in a rut with the same shopping lists and the same
recipes because we don’t have the time to look for new inspiration
or plan meals in advance. And, of course, the meals have to
be healthy while also making every palette at the table happy,
too! Gillean Barkyoumb is a dietician and the founder of
Millenial Nutrition and the What’s for Dinner Club. She has
also partnered with a brand to support her mission helping healthy
women find freedom and relief by making healthy eating convenient
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full
- Learn a few tips and formulas to simplify
creating a balanced meal or snack on the
- Hear Gillean’s journey from being a dietician
in the corporate world to being an entrepreneurial dietician with a
- Be inspired by how Gillean used her social
media platform to land her first brand partnership. Also,
hear her secrets on creating beautiful, fun, and relatable content
- My first book, Relationship Ready: How I Stopped Fucking
Randos and Started Cupcaking My Soulmate, is available on
Audible. Grab your copy now!
- Subscribe to my mailing list on my
- Visit my website to learn about my
- Connect with Gillean on Millennial
- Check out her MIllennial Nutrition
- Sign up for the What’s For Dinner membership on
to (480) 531-8604
(50% off first month promo
- In the eighth grade, Gillean saw the impactful
- As a highschool athlete, she saw that certain
foods fueled better performance or better time.
- She made the connection that paying attention
to how different foods affect us encourages better performance in
our life and relationships.
From Corporate Dietician to Entrepreneurial
- After receiving her Master’s Degree in
Nutrition, Gillean jumped into a corporate role that she loved and
gave her many TV opportunities and to speak on
- She loved her corporate dietician job as well
as the stability and predictability it seemed to offer.
- Gillean left her corporate position after her
eighth year and after having her second daughter.
- When she took the leap into entrepreneurship,
she chose to take on a consulting opportunity to support the
The Question “What’s For Dinner?” is a Pain Point for So
- Even as a dietician, Gillean struggles with
this! Figuring out dinner, shopping, planning, preparing, and
making sure it’s healthy took hours and hours. Making it
simple and convenient was a need she had.
- We want to do it all and have beautiful
friendships, a spiritual life, good dinners, time for yoga, family
life, and pursue our dreams. Gillean’s goal is to take
nutrition off our to-do list.
The What’s For Dinner Club and Membership
- It makes nutrition simple and
- Every Thursday, Gillean texts 4 ‘non-recipe’
recipes in the form of a grocery list.
- There are minimal measurements, ideas to swap
ingredients to suit your taste, and Gillean builds recipes to use
the same ingredients to reduce wasting food or spending too
- Each recipe is simple but always has a bit of
pizazz so it doesn’t feel like we’re eating the same thing over and
over. Nothing over the top though!
- Each recipe is comes with a kid-friendly
alternative and kid-tested by her best critics (her two and four
year old daughters!)
- There are fun giveaways and loyalty
- Some recent crowd faves are the pasta bakes and
the sweet potato beef tacos!
Gillean’s Tips to Simplify Healthy Eating
- Stick to a general eating schedule or
routine. Gillean always has breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and
keeps mid morning and mid afternoon snacks optional according to
how her body feels. This eliminates decision fatigue and
trying to make a choice while hangry.
- Automate grocery shopping with delivery or pick
up! Instacart or any grocery delivery service streamlines the
search, is a massive timesaver, and nearly always delivers good
- Gillean’s dinner formula simplifies building a
healthy plate a food = veggies on half the plate + protein on a
quarter + starch or grain on a quarter.
- Her snack formula = fruit or veggie + protein
or healthy fat (her snack formula posts are some of her most
viewed) . The protein or healthy fat will keep you satisfied
Brand Partnership with Ninja Kitchen, the Ninja Foodi
Smoothie Bowl Maker and Nutrient Extractor
- Recently wrapped up her first contract with
Ninja Kitchen Brand and starting her second one!
- A while back two separate friends sent her
articles of Ninja Kitchen seeking their first ever Smoothie
- She submitted 2 smoothie bowl recipes, a video
in which she did a smoothie tasting like a formal wine
tasting. She offered observations on the ‘legs’, ‘bouquet’,
color, etc of the smoothie bowl.
- The brilliant part of her submission that Ninja
said sealed the deal was that she created an IG profile called
Gillean Smoothie Bowl Sommelier in which each post featured the
items she would have on a resume (inspired by Lindsey Shwartz,
founder of the Powerhouse Women event)
Creating Fun, Relatable, and Beautiful
- Gillean works with a virtual assistant to
brainstorm, organize, and plan out her content creation and
- Friends, creators, and everyday life
experiences inspire her content creation.
- She batches her videos to streamline the
process of recording her videos.
- Planoly is her go-to tool for managing her
posts and content visually before posting.
- Doing her best to avoid the comparison trap is
a big part of staying focussed on creation.
Staying Motivated and Driven (even on the day the jar of
pasta sauce explodes everywhere during a shoot)
- Gillean is committed to showing her daughters
that they can pursue their dreams, too.
- She has a clear idea of what her Higher Self or
Future Self is like; how she thinks, how she acts, what she has,
all of her accomplishments, and who she is. When Gillean can
stay in tune with what she knows it will be like, she can be pulled
along by that vision.
- Even if she doesn’t have all the things and
success of her Higher Self, yet, she can still embody her feelings
How She Makes it ALL Happen
- “It’s not like juggling, it’s more like playing
- “It takes a village” Her incredibly
supportive husband does the girls’ hair, gets them ready in the
morning, and uses her WFD ‘non-recipes’ to make meals. They
have family that live close by that support ‘family life’ and being
a part of their daughters’ lives.
- Organization and calendar
- Making time for fun which is,
counterintuitively, the most productive way to spend her time to
promote productivity. When she is aligned with her fun and
fulfillment and is high in her energy and vibration, successes
Daily Non Negotiables
- Movement which can be exercise or walking her
dog. It’s her form of meditation.
- She has been making time to do a 5 minute
journal every morning and night for the last 7 months. She
really does it!
Advice for the Struggling, Juggling, Dodging
- Be fully present and spend time with them (even
if it’s 5 minutes). It makes me feel like a great mom and
allows me to be fully present in other areas of
- Instagram inspiration: “You’re kid will
never say that they had a bad day. Instead, they will say
‘come play with me’.”
Gillean Barkyoumb is a certified
dietician that knew this was the path for her since 8th
grade. After seeing the documentary Supersize Me, she not only saw that our diet not only
impacts our health and physical condition, but, also, our
relationships, moods and attitudes, and overall well being.
As an athlete in high school, she made the connection between food
and athletic performance. Gillean’s early experiences stuck
with her and cultivated her interest in what food does for us and
how it fuels our body. She received her Master’s Degree in
Nutrition and went into a corporate dietician position that she
loved and got a ton of experience including TV and speaking on
After eight years in the
corporate world and the birth of her second daughter, Gillean was
offered a consulting opportunity that gave her the space to take
the leap into being an entrepreneurial dietician. She creates
beautiful, fun, and incredibly relatable content on her growing
social media platforms, offers a What’s For Dinner Club membership,
and is taking on brand partnerships.
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you enjoyed today’s episode
of The Heidi B Show, then hit subscribe, and share it with your
Post a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into this podcast, then
do not hesitate to write a review. You can also share this episode
with your womenpreneur family and friends, so they can get closer
to owning their power and upgrading their life.
Have any questions? You can contact me through email
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or find me on Instagram or Facebook. Thanks for listening!
For more updates and episodes,
visit my website. You may also tune in on
To pursuing our passions and
building our business,