Apr 29, 2021
Increase Your Productivity
with Sara Mayer
At some point, the line between
our personal lives and work blur. Instead of waking up refreshed
and recharged from sleep, we find ourselves still tired, sleepily
scanning through our emails. Exhausted and overworked, we end up
leaving some tasks and responsibilities for endless tomorrows. We
shrink bigger goals into smaller, ‘realistic’ ones. We forget why
we even started doing what we do.
In today's episode, Sara Mayer
shares helpful tips on setting goals and being more productive. She
talks about the importance of focus in achieving your goals. Sara
also discusses the things that can keep you from reaching your
If you want to know more about
the steps you can take to bring you closer to your goals, this
episode is for you!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to this
- Learn Sara's top three goal-setting
- Know more about the importance of taking small
steps and planning when working toward bigger goals.
- Discover how to be productive with Sara's
advice and productivity hacks.
- My first book, Relationship Ready: How I Stopped Fucking
Randos and Started Cupcaking My Soulmate, is available on
workbook! Apply the
lessons you learn from this episode as you listen! Subscribe to
my mailing list, and I'll send it right away!
- Connect with Sara: Website | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Join Bold Goal Crushers, a support group that helps each other in
reaching their goals.
- Donate at
BeePositive to help in
Sara's fundraising project. Learn more about the project by
visiting their Facebook page and Instagram.
The Journey of Sara's Consulting Business
- Sara used to work for a higher education
company. She was asked to create training for people struggling
with their sales role.
- She watched the top performers work and
observed that they were not very efficient workers. They were just
out-working everybody else.
- Those working full time were incredibly focused
and had a planned day. They took their leave after work
- These were issues that needed to be addressed.
Sara started her consulting business doing training as a side
Top Three Tips for Goal Setting
- Set goals from a place of
- Do not shrink down your goals. Set bold goals
and outline or break them down into steps.
- Every week, you have to do something that gets
you closer to your destination.
Tips on Getting More Productive
- We are not multitasking; we are mind-shifting.
We shift our focus from one thing to the next.
- Time blocking increases productivity. Block off
your calendar, focus, and work on one topic at a time.
- Sara's biggest suggestion is to focus on
working on something. You need to turn off your email
- Sara suggests not checking your email first
thing in the morning. Focus on something that gets you closer to
- Listen to the full episode to learn about the
craziest goal Sara ever helped a client achieve!
BeePositive Fundraising Project
- The Man and Woman of the Year is an annual
fundraising campaign. The winner raises the most money in 10
- Sara's goal is to break the Arizona record. She
wants to have the most extensive team in the country.
What Gets in the Way When People Set Big
- Life gets in the way as well as other people's
- People don't realize how quickly the weeks
- Time passes. You must reflect on what you did
to get closer to your goals.
- The problem can also be with over helping
others, especially in a work setting.
- Teach somebody else how to do it. It will save
a lot of time in the end.
Sara’s Productivity Hacks
- Sara has a lot of downtimes but is incredibly
- She makes sure to plan.
- She plans for even the simplest things, weeks
and even months ahead. She won't need to take on different
Sara’s Daily Non-Negotiables
- Sara doesn't take meetings before 9
- She doesn't check her email when she first
wakes up. She instead takes the time to journal and read for 30
- For Sara, she does the most important work
between 9 and 10 o'clock.
Sara’s Advice for Suffering Women
- Take a step back and encourage
- Reflect on why your goals are
5 Powerful Quotes from the Episode
"You don't need to know the
whole path. You just need to know what's the next step."
"I think we forget to build the
runway in because we get so used to hearing these kind of overnight
success stories, and it can be kind of discouraging when we think
that that's the norm."
"One of the best ways to build
momentum is to take action in the right direction, or to start to
achieve these little mini goals around the big goal."
"One of the things I do really
well is I think about all the steps that go into even the simplest
thing like going on vacation, and I plan for that."
"Why is this goal so important?
Decide if it really was a goal of yours or just something that you
didn't do last year and you think you have to do."
Sara Mayer is
the owner and creator of Sarah Mayer Consulting. She is your go-to
expert on organizing your hectic days, weeks, and months into
manageable and functional chunks of work. Sara has personally
mastered maximizing every minute of every day to ensure that she
meets the expectations set before her.
Sara is a distinguished
Toastmaster, and she's received numerous awards, including the
prestigious Sandra Day O'Connor Community Service Award. She's a
founding member of the Joy Rights Society served on the Association
of Junior League International Governance
Connect with Sara through
her website, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Enjoy the Podcast?
Learning how you can improve
your relationships, be it romantic, familial, business,
friendships, and with yourself, has never been this easy. If you
enjoyed today's episode of The Relationship Ready Podcast, then hit
subscribe and share it with your friends!
Post a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into this podcast, then
do not hesitate to write a review. You can also share this with
your family and friends so they can learn top tips on goal setting
Have any questions? You can contact me through email or find me
Facebook. Thanks for listening!
For more updates and episodes,
visit my website. You may also tune in on